Tuesday 26 January 2010

Day Fifteen

Today Callum was well enough to go back to school which made him happy. You would never had guessed he'd been off ill! What was also good about this was that it meant he could still do his role in his schools Class Assembly. Daz and I were so proud of him having landed one of the main roles because for so many years Callum has had a little bit of a speech problem, this showed us that he had overcome those problems. Sadly Daz couldn't get the time off work to see the assembly but I was there to watch and report back. And how wonderful he was, he was very clearly spoken, he remembered his lines and he looked comfortable. He did make me chuckle though. Because he had been off sick the day before they had gotten one of his class mates to learn his lines and take over his parts in case Callum wasn't well enough. Thankfully Callum still got to do his lines but one other part he was meant to do was a bit of ballroom dancing with one of the girls in his class (Shivani). Instead one of his best friends Josh got to dance with Shivani. Callum spent the whole time glaring at poor Josh.

As a reward for doing so well I said I'd buy him a little present, which I did, actually I bought several, and when we got home he was allowed to choose two things from what I'd bought. Callum chose a packet of sweets and a Doodle book. We then spent a bit of time after homework had been done colouring in his doodle book. I like having these little moments just Callum and I, it's nice to sit at the table colouring and talking away about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment